"So," Magnus said finally, running a long white finger around the rim of his champagne glass. "Jordan. I hear you're in the Praetor Lupus. I see you're wearing one of their medallions. What does it say on it?"..."Beati Bellicosi: Blessed are the warriors." -City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare . I'm Janie, 18, and an aspiring journalist and author from New York. I'm a double major in English and journalism with a minor in anthropology at UAlbany. Things I like: reading, high heels, lights, the smell of ink, Doctor Who, bodies of water, anything written Lemony Snicket, hair, the feeling you get after a good workout, musicals, the first sentences of books, volleyball, writing, good quotes, travelling,and the rain.
do you ever just get a vibe that someone has a crush on you and then you’re not sure if they actually do or if you’re just really really self-absorbed
1) Do you like to cuddle?
Sometimes and only if I’m in the mood. If I’m not in the mood I feel claustrophobic and like I’m suffocating.
2) What was the last song you listened to? Rate it on a scale of 1-10.
Taylor Swift’s 22 because Francesca was like “WE CAN RELATE TO SO MANY TAYLOR SWIFT SONGS PLEASE JUST LISTEN TO ONE OF THEM RN” so I did. I’ll give it a 5.
3) Have you ever taken an MBTI personality assessment? If so, what was your type? (I’m a psych major, guys, sorry. xD The test can be found here, and it’s free. It’s also completely optional if you’re too lazy or just plain don’t want to do it.)
I’ve done this one before but I forgot what I was. Just retook it and I’m ESFJ!
4) What was the last video game you played, if applicable?
Super Mario Brothers….
5) The fandom that you interacted with most recently is making a movie. Will you go see it?
YES I WILL SEE ALL THE MOVIES RELATED TO ANY OF MY FANDOMS
6) Would you rather have many (at least a few thousand) followers but have little to no interaction with them save for reblogs and likes, or few followers but plenty of interaction with them outside of likes and reblogs?
Definitely few followers with plenty of interaction.
7) You probably have homework and/or studying to do. True?
Yeah, I should be writing a research paper right now. It’s due at midnight.
8) Describe your ideal date.
I DON’T KNOW this is an impossible questions because honestly my ideal date would depend on who the person is.
9) Do you know anyone named Patrick?
I do, I went to high school with him. He’s crazy but hilarious.
10) The world is thrust into a catastrophic zombie apocalypse. Lucky for you, you’re well-stocked with the essentials (food, water, ammunition, etc.). Will you stay and fight and risk your life, or flee and seek refuge elsewhere (the safer option)?
Definitely seek refuge somewhere else but be prepared to fight at all times.
11) If you had to relive one year of your life excluding the current one, which one would it be?
Probably 1998, when I was three.
This specifically refers to a hand striking the side of a person’s face, tells quite a different story when placed in it’s proper historical context. In Jesus’s time, striking someone of a lower class ( a servant) with the back of the hand was used to assert authority and dominance. If the persecuted person “turned the other cheek,” the discipliner was faced with a dilemma. The left hand was used for unclean purposes, so a back-hand strike on the opposite cheek would not be performed. Another alternative would be a slap with the open hand as a challenge or to punch the person, but this was seen as a statement of equality. Thus, by turning the other cheek the persecuted was in effect putting an end to the behavior or if the slapping continued the person would lawfully be deemed equal and have to be released as a servant/slave.
THAT makes a lot more sense, now, thank you.